For students planning a career in academia, obtaining teaching experience is a vital part of their training. The Division recognizes this and encourages students to take advantage of the many opportunities available on the Illinois campus to gain expertise in the classroom. Our campus Center for Teaching Excellence is a valuable centralized resource for graduate students interested in teaching.
DNS students serve as teaching assistants or discussion leaders for a variety of courses offered in the College of ACES, and as a result of their dedication in the classroom, our students are frequently recognized. In addition to serving as a TA or discussion leader, DNS students may also gain experience by mentoring undergraduate students in the College's summer research apprenticeship programs.
- Teaching Certificate Program at the Illinois Center for Teaching Excellence
- Courses on College Teaching
- Listing of Teachers Ranked as Excellent
- ACES Summer Research Apprentice Programs
- Development Timeline for M.S. Students (pdf)
- Development Timeline for Ph.D Students(pdf)